Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Projects






This weekend I found a birdhouse I had built a while ago and stuffed away. I spruced it up a little and set it out in the area on the side of my house that I am trying to fix for the birds and some shade plants. The base it is sitting on, is also a curbside find that I painted.




Here is another photo with the little birdbath totem I made this year and an old enamelware pot that I strung up for flowers.





I also saw a mirrored mosaic pot on the gardenjunk website at ivillage. I fell in love with it. So as luck would have it, I came across 2 large over the door mirrors and a 5 gallon bucket filled with clay, ceramic and even a porcelain planter (all from the curb of course). I had some leftover black grout from my table mosaic project and this is the result.




I think when it is planted up with some trailing flowers, it will be lovely.

Here is a tip when working with mirror chunks; no it isn't to wear gloves or even safety goggles, but do not do it outside on a sunny day. It is blinding. Happy crafting and curbside hunting.

No comments: