Saturday, June 20, 2009

Papasan Garden Junk

I had once seen a post about using an old papasan chair as a planting pot in the garden. I fell in love with it and have been in search of one ever since. The other day, I thought I hit the jackpot when I was riding home on my bicycle and about 5 houses away sat the perfect papsan chair on the curb for garbage day. I quickly went home and got the car, 2 minutes later arrived at an empty curb. RATTS!!! GONE!!!



A couple weeks later I was coming home from a party and spied another one on the curb. I was with my husband so we didnt stop. The next morning I decided I could be late for church and went to get it. Success. The following photos show the process I used to make my planter.



















This is how I found it on the side of the road. It was screwed together this way, so I took it apart and added screening.















Then I added soil, plants and large "silverware" and Voila!! My new salad bowl.



Updated with a little time to grow.



1 comment:

Lona said...

What a marvelous idea. I just love recycling things to use around the house or garden.