Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Galvanized Tub and Chicken Feeder

I was out with Mom the other day doing errands and such. All of a sudden I turned the car around in the middle of the street because I saw my favorite sign; "Free Take Me"
There by the side of the road were 3 galvanized tubs. I was thrilled. This made my whole week better.
I knew right away I needed to plant these. I have one to use for extra tomato plants that grew up wild from last year. The other was just sitting next to the garden screaming to be planted with herbs. I went to a garden and craft show at Delware Park and received a free plant called Golden Feverfew and then I had a nursery groupon I needed to use, so I went out and got some other herbs. Going clockwise from the upper right corner I have Silver Thyme, Dwarf Lavander, Cuban Oregeno and Sweet Basil with the Feverfew in the middle.


I also could not resist this cool looking plant, even though it is an annual. The nursery guy said I can bring it in the house for the winter. I placed it in this chicken feeder (that's is what some farm kid told me it was) I got from a Farmer's Market for $1. It is called "Mezoo Trailing Red".


No comments: