Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Springtime in the Dirt

Let the digging begin.
I started out with a completely overgrown rock garden. It looks like weeds, but it is actually the peach primrose that has taken over (with perhaps a few weeds in between)



 Nine hours later....I think it will look good when the begonias start to fill in.



The Utility Company was also kind enough to place a new pole in my backyard.
They tried to convince me to keep some of this lovely soil
I made them haul it away

So of course I decided to expand just a little
I could not plant completely, because they still have to remove the old pole. I was told it would be some time in August. I tried to place things that could be easily removed in front of it. I hope the Tiger Lillies come back, but probably not his year. I am waiting for a friend to remove and give me some peach and purple daylillies. Last time I heard, she had only removed 1. I may have to go to  plan B.

No comments: